A creative journal attesting to the profound personal impact of that first painting lesson beneath the big old mulberry tree ... stubby 3 year-old toes squelching into rotten purple fruit; pink tongue curled out with the effort of forging a wet, sticky, paint masterpiece. African storm clouds billowing just above.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Typewriter Love




A friend of mine once found an old typewriter at a waste disposal site for $5, and believe it or not, it was still in working order. I wish I was that lucky! I have been on the lookout for one of these beautiful old machines for a while now, and I think I am close to resigning myself to paying the huge price that is usually asked for them at antique stores ... 

2 comments:

  1. Just like you I love things old and beautiful. I am into quilting and sewing and at a community garage sale in a little town of Castleton here in the UK I found a 1912 Singer Sewing Machine for fifteen pounds in mint condition, still with the original bobbins, needles and instruction booklet. It is worth having a look at garage sales and car boot sales, you never what you might find.
    P.S. love the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certainly in envy of your amazing find! I love, love, LOVE antiques ... and to think that we used old Singer Sewing machines at school in Africa - they would be worth a penny or two!

    ReplyDelete